My first book.. Azizi Ali... How to become a property millionaire!

Salam, 

When I bought my first apartment, I thought I was smart enough and clever. The apartment was very nice, located smack in busy ampang town, more than 1000 units of apartments, shoplot, swimming pool, high security, etc.. Boom, without further study and investigation I bought it!

As a first time buyer, I am eligible to withdraw my hard work of EPF saving for the first 10% downpayment and I thought I could sleep away and start counting on how much I could make once completed.

Until I found this book by the famous Azizi Ali. It cost me RM60 and normally, I never buy any book above RM 30. It was expensive back then, I did not like to spend my money on this book plus, who the hell is Azizi Ali...

However, It turn out to be my favorite book. I've read it over and over until I fully understood what property investment is all about. 

I realize that one thing that I did not consider when i purchase my apartment:

1) the developer track record and reputation. Yes, you guess it right, it was TALAM COOPERATION SDN BHD.

 The company was involved in all
sort of problem from cash flow to completion the housing on time. My apartment was suppose to complete in 36 months from S&P signing. 

It never came through. The company went bankrupt and had to be liquidated and manage by third party.

Until now after more than 10 years, I have never seen the key.

2) The apartment did not fall under HDA or they call it Housing Development Act.I have no power to bring TALAM to court to settle the LAD and also there's nothing else buyer can do but wait. Many buyers were angry and complaint but again, we will never win. Even Housing Minister did not have the power to pressure the developer.

Some of the buyer took the initiative to demonstrate but fails. Last time I heard, few buyer already passed away and never had to chance to see the completed apartment.

And all these knowledge recites in 'How to become a property millionaire' book by Azizi Ali. If only I could turn back the time and got this book much earlier.

My advice to all of you, invest some money buying books and attending seminar to learn from the best!

Moving forward, I learned from many other property expert and hit my first one million ringgit mark by 35 years old.. And that is from capital gain alone! 

My wife was very busy last weekend to do some house decoration and housekeeping. Rearranging the cabinet, books, etc. This is where I found my first property book under these pile of books and bring back the old memories.


Thanks Azizi for your sharing and right now, I am sharing my experience to the whole world so that everyone as ordinary as me can be extraordinary person.

Investment in knowledge is one thing that I will alway treasure  and no one can take away from you. If you apply it right, believe it or not,  more than 90% chances that you'll be become a millionaire one day!

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. >>Moving forward, I learned from many other property expert and hit my first one million ringgit mark by 35 years old.. And that is from capital gain alone!

    Is RM1mil your net worth or the size of your portfolio?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...