Faizul Ridzuan.. 23 properties by 30. .. interesting book

Salam,
Just had the chance to read another property guru's, Faizul Ridzuan... aka propertywtf.. where to find?
Interesting story and commitment by him to owned 23 properties in about 10 years. An average Joe, but he has the will and determination knowing that he couldn't make a day end if continue working for other people.

Good insight and a very rare approach indeed. I have to salute him as he spend hours doing the research, observe the crowds and making each efforts counts. It takes a lot of stamina to get to his level. Even I could not do what he did. He did everything, from auction, nego. Subsale, property flip, etc. However, I  found some things are common when I read his book,

My analysis:

1. Keep learning from others.

 He made every attempt to learn from the best. Seminar, met the neighbors, buy books, network in forum. Etc.  I'm totally agree on this as I mentioned in my previous blog. Never stop learning. We came in so many path and no harm in learning from other experiences. It may or may not work for you, but with the  knowledge, you can make less mistake in buying a good property. It not cheap investment so, do it wisely. Plus, you will learn faster and even at par with the experts. This is why he can do it before reached 30.. 

2. Research, research, research

When come to buying property, you need to do a lot of research and assessment of each property that you would like to buy. 

He spends days just to observed who lives there, demographic population, etc. 

You need to have a good set success criteria to match your research study before you decide to invest. I'll explain in more detail in my ebook.

3. Clear goal and target

This is very important when you want to become a good property investor. You need to have a clear set of goal what do want to achieve, how long it will take and how are you going to do it... 

He set his target to achieved RM 3 million before 30. I have different sets of target. 

Once you have a clear target, the next step is how are you going to achieve it.. He goes for quantity but in my case I'll go for quality as I do not have a good stamina as him. Although I have less property than him, in general the achievement are similar.

So, in general there are few ways you can do it. Follow your game plan.

One thing that I learn from his book is that, build up a good network of friends. Be it the developers, bloggers, real estate agents, plumbers, contractors, etc. They have the additional skill that you may want to use or leverage. For example, I have a team of contractors that able to resolve my tenant problem, ie broken fridge, leaking roof, etc. It is just a phone call away and good service.   In fact, some of them have my tenant spare keys!.. just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...